Week 84 - Guided by the Holy Ghost

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hello All,

This week was very productive just because I felt like I didn't get enough time here in Solo.  I really worked hard and got a lot of lessons taught.  One of our investigators I really think will get baptized.  His lessons are coming along slowly but surely. It was kinda funny we rushed off to meet with him and totally forgot to plan a lesson for him.   So we opened with a prayer and I felt guided by the Holy Ghost to tell him "today we don't have a lesson because it's our last time with you. Just ask us anything!" He just blew up with 1000 great questions and the house was full with the spirit.   He had tears in his eyes when we left.. I felt really good about that lesson, it was sad to leave, kind of bittersweet.

Family in our ward :)

Teaching Anto
Friday we went to a Zone Meeting in Magalang and that was a 4 hour bus ride there and back.  It really drains your energy sitting on a bus all day ... funny huh? We actually gave out 2 Books of Mormon on the bus and taught a lesson to someone. It's fun to plant the seeds in the places of the country where the church isn't yet.
4 hour long bus ride


Indonesian fast food stands


All crammed into the van

Lunch!

I'm getting transferred this week.  Jakarta is going to be good I can feel it!   Turns out my new companion is actually Elder Hariyadi.  He is a good guy and were gonna hammer the next 3 months and really put in work! I like to think its like me playing the game on home turf because I was already in Jakarta for so long before.

Have a great week!

Love,  Elder Jones











No comments:

Post a Comment