Week 53 - Bitten by a Parrot

Monday, January 19, 2015

Greetings from the land of Indonesia, 

Another week of missionary life has come and gone.  Tuesday we had District Meeting.   Those are always a bit stressful but it’s okay.   After the meeting there was a huge rain storm while we were on the bus to a place called Sunter.  It took us 4 hours to get there when usually it's only 30 min!  Then we got to the members house and he said he was busy and didn’t want to meet so that was frustrating.   Then later that night I had to teach Elder Prayitno how to use a vending machine.  That was pretty funny!   He’s a good guy!

On Wednesday two new Indonesian missionary’s came in.  So we taught them the ropes.  It was an Elder and Sister.  We took them bag shopping and helped them learn to contact and stuff like that.   I had rice and eggs for dinner just in case you were wondering :)

Thursday I hit my YEAR mark crazy right?!?!   It turned out to be a normal day even though our appts got cancelled.  We still had a good day and stopped at the Bank of Indonesia, that was cool. 

 
 
new cell phone?
 


Friday, every person we contacted today didn’t want to learn.  It was a hard day.   We taught Nicky at 8:30 at the church till 9 and it started raining so hard we couldn’t leave.  We ended up getting home at 12pm by the bus! Alex is golden!  Nicky got permission from his parents to be baptized but is having a problem because his friend died.  Pray for them to feel the Holy Ghost.
My camera is having problems, I think from all the humidity.  My normal week days are traffic and a billion people.  I also got bit by a parrot this week...ha ha!

This is how we get around sometimes!

Always lots of fruit to eat
Hey, well I have to go, sorry!   I love you guys.  I hope you have a great week and I’ll talk to you next week :) bye! 

Love Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment