Week 36 - Keep the Main Thing the Main Thing!

Monday, September 22, 2014


Hello Everyone,
 This week has been very busy, just like my whole mission. Like normal,  this week started with goals for appointments, for how many Kitab Mormons we would give out, how many less active members we could see and on how I can better myself personally.

Now looking back on my week I can see that I met my goals. Because they were my "main thing".
A recent lesson that I have learned is to "live out of your future, not your past". Do you remember Lots wife?  (Jeffery R Holland gave a great talk about her).  When she looked back (in a sense) she took her main thing and put it aside for a moment of the natural man and then she went to a pillar of salt.  "she became the dust from where she was made" 

 I'm realizing that you have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage pleasantly, smilingly to say “no” to other things, and the way you do that is by having a bigger “yes” burning inside. A yes to keep your eyes on the prize, a yes to keep your Main Thing the Main Thing. 
I also really like Ether 12 in the Book of Mormon and how much it talks about having faith. "Faith without works is dead". We say that a lot in our mission its seems to always be a subject of discussion in Indonesia (faith) .

14. Behold, it was the faith of Nephi and Lehi that wrought the change upon the Laminates, that they were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost. (Awesome story)
Verse 27 is a really good one too .  We always share it with our investigators and members to help them become stronger and understand how to do so.

 27. And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
Just some of my thoughts for the week.  Anyways, here is a re-cap of my week: 
Monday  (P-Day)
We went to the temples which were pretty sweet so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves :)





This feels a little awkward...
 
Elder Gil and Elder Jones
Tuesday (back to work!)

Got one good lesson but all the other appointments cancelled.  Ahhh the life of a missionary!  Just keep working and be positive! 


Wednesday 
The Zone Leaders came that night to go on a split with us the next day ... For anyone not familiar with "splits" it's when you go out with a different companion to learn their way of doing things.  This will help you evaluate and become a better missionary.

Thursday 
Went on a splits with Elder Kyle and we got so much done and worked so freaking hard!  We got 3 new investigators.   What an awesome day!

Friday

Just in case you're wondering what "The Boonies" look like in Indonesia?  Well, here they are!





Sunday

We have a baptism date for Oct 5th for this awesome lady.
Her name is Bu Nur.
 
At church with our new investigator Bu Nur
 

I got your package mom!  Thank you so much.  I've already given out 2 of the Indonesian CTR rings you sent me. Now the kids love me even more than they already do! ha ha  I also got your letter Annie!  Thank you so much!  Well, I've got to go!  Thanks everyone for all your love and support!


Love,  Elder Jones







No comments:

Post a Comment