Week 35 - Disclaimer.... don't read if you gross out easily!

Monday, September 15, 2014


Hi Everyone,
This week I have a few pictures and stories that might make you a little sick.  Remember I'm in a foreign country and they have some different customs, like eating dogs.  Sorry... to all the dog lovers!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM AND DAD before I forget :) hope you have a great birthday and I love you guys thank you for being the best parents ever!!!
 
My long lost brother...

Monday 
P-Day.  I cooked nasi goreng (fried rice) for everyone from all fresh ingredients and everyone loved it! 
Tuesday 

Me and Elder Gil got 3 good appts and we went to the hospital because there are a few sick members.  One who got in a car accident, one who is having heart problems and the other is having kidney failure L
 It was really sad.  They asked us to come and give them all blessings. The hospital was really far away and it was a scary one.   Eight patients to a room no a/c!   It’s big and looks like something off paranormal activity!  We gave them blessings and it was hard to do it in Indonesian, and even harder with 7 other Muslims in the room all looking at us confused, but as of now they are all getting better! 

This is the Rooster that keeps going through our trash!
Wednesday 

Went on a split with Elder Litster!  We had 5 lessons that I had set up from the day before.  It was going to be a busy day!  We got onto our bikes and left and we didn’t get 100 yards from the house till Elder Lister's bike broke and he couldn’t ride it, so then we had to cancel all the appts :( and go to the bike shop.  We rode in the back of a truck of some guy.   It was funny we because we had to hitchhike to the bike shop.

Elder Gil and Litster have been doing pranks on each other and Elder Gil dumped all his baby powder out on his desk and wrote “Gil was here”  So when I got back with Elder Litster, he saw it and was so mad.   So he took his tooth brush and cut up a red chili and brushed it! Later that night he brushed his teeth and it burned his mouth like crazy!   (Gil hates hot food)    I think they have a truce now.

Thursday 9/11

Today I wore my American flag tie! To represent good old America!! 

Brother Bon Bon's house in the middle

We went to Brother Bon Bon's house and in the  middle of the lesson there was a rat!  Right when I'm  talking the rat falls from the roof down thru the ladder hole and Bon Bon gets a wooden stick and jumps down and starts hitting it!   It was already dead but I got the funniest video of him I wish I could send it, but here’s a picture!
Brother Bon Bon and the rat

Friday 

I finished the Doctrine and Covenants!  It was one of the best books ever! I've  learned so dang much! Now I’m on  the Pearl of Great Price!  We had all our appts fall thru which was sad.   English class was good though! Later that night I taught Elder Litster some fun wrestling moves then we ate ice-cream as a district.

Saturday

Turned out to be a cool day.  We didn’t have any lessons so I decided we would look for opportunities.   I saw this sweet iguana this guy had, so we went and asked if we could see it.  Then I started talking to him about the church.   He’s Christian and in the Indonesian navy which is cool! We have an appt later.
 
 
 
Then we continued walking up a hill and at the top it turned into a cemetery.  We walked thru it and talked to the grounds keeper, then 10 minutes later a Christian funeral came up  for a 10 year old boy who died that morning.   They carried him up wrapped in a cloth!   It was so sad.  Nobody knew us but they said they were all so happy we were there because they saw we had Jesus Christ on our name tags. 
 
 
 


Sunday 
I taught half of Gospel Principles class. My language is getting good! And so are our stats!

Here are some pictures of the dogs that they eat over here:




Questions
What's up with all the dog meat? I ate a dog, it was gnarly and I’ve been eating it a lot lately!
Do they always eat dogs?  Not all people.  Papua the islands out here,  they eat people!
What does dog taste like and was it good? yes it’s like lamb or steak
Do people have dogs as pets too? yeah it’s funny. 
Do people eat cats? No cats are very holy here with Muslims because it was Prophet Muhammad’s favorite animal.
Any new investigators? 2 but we lost 4 of them for random reasons 
What are your plans for Pday today? We are going to some temples.
Did Bro Bon Bon eat the rat he killed? no ha-ha
How's English class going? Good, it’s a nice class here!
How many students are in your class? Almost 20. 

I'm looking forward to going to the Temples today, it should be fun.  Talk to you next week!  Thanks for the packages from Aunt Carrie and Leslee, they made my day :)

Love, Elder Jones
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment