Week 15 - Bogor

Monday, April 28, 2014

Ice Skating at Zone Conference

Monday -
We got to the mission home at 11 and then waited for everyone to get there.  At 12 we went Ice skating! It was pretty sweet! I’m not going to lie I’m pretty impressed with my "ice skating skills"!  So we ice skated for about  an hour then everyone came back to the Mission home which was pretty far away.  All the elders who were staying in Jakarta Tibet left the mission home then went to where we were going to stay.   It turned out that there were 12 elders staying there not only 8!  It was crazy!  We played games all night and ate nasi goring That was pretty fun!  While walking back Elder Hasibuan and I saw a Crocodile in the sewer!
Nasi Goreng Sosis.jpg
Nasi goreng, literally meaning “fried rice” in Indonesia, can refer simply to fried pre-cooked rice, a meal including stir fried rice in small amount of cooking oil, typically spiced with sweet soy sauce, shallot, garlic, tamarind and chili and accompanied by other ingredients, particularly eggs, chicken and prawns. 


Tuesday -
PLD - President Interviews From 9am until 5pm we were at the Tibet church building where President had a personal interview with each of the Elders and Sisters.   It took a long time.  While we were waiting for our turn,  everyone was playing fut sol out back.   We ate lunch at the 7/11 which was nice .  I found out that I'm staying in Bogor for a few more months and will be getting a new companion on the 21st of May .  I really like my companion right now.   He  is a good dude!   If we both spoke English or Indonesian perfect we would be perfect! I'm sad that he goes home in 20 days.


Wednesday-
We had a meeting from 8am till 2pm which was all about the mission stats and goals and talks from other Elders and from President and a lot of inspirational stories.   Then we took a taxi back to Bogor! Went straight to the church and attended a baptism of a girl in the ward.  Then we went home and cleaned and prepared for the next day.

Thursday-
We had normal morning study's then at 1 we did weekly planning until 4 p.m.! We called every person in our Area book!   Hopefully we are busier next week! That evening we went to a members house who was sick and she asked if we could give her a blessing and so we did which was good! 

Friday and Saturday -

Went to a wedding and a birthday party at the church, then worked.


Sunday-

Last night we had a good lesson with a man named Ricky and it was going well then Elder Hasibuan turned to me and asked me if I could explain something to Ricky and almost instinctively answered and talked for about 15 minutes testifying and explaining the gospel of Jesus Christ and why I am here. What was amazing is usually I will struggle a little bit when I talk, but in this lesson it was like "My tongue was loosened "  and I spoke almost flawlessly In Indonesian !! So that was defiantly Gods hand in my day Sunday!  And after the lesson I went back to "the struggle" We had a lesson where a guy was just bashing on us the whole time and it was funny because everything he said that was bad, was filtered from me ! I couldn't understand!! ha-ha
When we proselyte, I always try to contact everyone and I think that’s why I’m getting better at the language! I love contacting the street venders.  I contacted a guy selling fish today which was cool! I’ll send you pics when I have wifi.
I would love to go turkey hunting dad! Man I miss "the country".  I always want to go out into the mountains and jungle but it’s so expensive to get to the jungle from Bogor.  I’m talking like the real jungle. 
Love you guys and I'll talk to you next week!
Love - Elder Jones
PS - Fun fact!  First P day  I had 27 emails, now on day 103 I have 4!  You guys wont forget about me right ?? ha-ha

No comments:

Post a Comment