Week - 13 Bogor

Monday, April 14, 2014

"Out of the Hospital"  Wahoo!

I was in the hospital last week with a parasite.  I'm feeling much better.  This is what happened the week before I went into the hospital.


Monday, P-day- So we spent  an hour at the church after the war-net trying to figure out what we were going to do. We decided to go to Jakarta  and see the museum there!  We rode the train which wasn't that crowed so that was nice.  It was so sunny and hot and not a cloud in the sky. (Until 4:00pm when it poured)!
I ate the Durian fruit!   It was so gross!  They are supposed to be the "Worst smelling fruit”! Won't be doing that again....
 I got asked to take pictures with so many people,  It was hard to leave.  We had more people wanting pics with Hobbs and me than the people dressed up in costumes! We probably take 150 pictures with people a week.
 I also held an anaconda and a crocodile which was cool!
 
Elder Hobbs and I with the anaconda.  We paid .20 to hold it.
Red hair and American is a rare sight!

All four of us Elders
Tuesday - We had 2 appointments and both of them went really well!  At one of my Janjis"  (appointments), it was the first time we had come to visit this family and Elder Hasibuan is so scared of dogs.  Well This family had a dog, which is not so common,  and this dog was the biggest thing I’ve ever seen!   It was like a dog mixed with a snow monster.  A yeti dog, with long white hair and incredibly  stinky and scary, it looks like the monster that tries to eat Luke Skywalker in Star Wars! So we sat down on the floor to start off the lesson and dog was let in the house to sit with us.  After about 40 mins the dog gets up and creeps to the door where it goes into stealth mode.   I’m the only one watching the dog and seconds later it jumps out the door and snarls and we hear all these noises and it just slaughters the neighbors chicken! Just rips the thing up.  Crazy!
Teaching on the streets
Wednesday - We got a referral from President and went to meet this new family today! That went awesome they seem really interested in everything! It’s great!  We had a few appointment's fall through that day after though.  For dinner I ate some sort of street food , tofu and boiled eggs with peanut sauce all cold. (it should be at least warm) but it was really good! 
Thursday -  Hasibuan and I proselyted then had an appt that night then the appointment fell through so we went and looked for service opportunities.

Overlooking the city of Bogor


  I'm happy to be out of the hospital.  It wasn't very fun. I had some type of parasite. I was in the hospital from Monday to Friday something kept going wrong with my IV so I had to get THREE different IVs, but  now I'm good and better sorry to everyone who I didn't get to email this past week.  Thank you for all your emails and get well wishes.
Love - Elder Jones
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment